Register to Vote with Facebook
To vote for this artist to perform at the Isle Of Wight Festival 2019 you first need to register by connecting to Facebook. We do this to verify your vote and do not require any additional information other than your username and email. We do not request any further permissions to post on your behalf.
Out of the primordial ooze come DOOMSDAY OUTLAW - a ten-legged hard rock, blues tinged juggernaut based in darkest Derbyshire. Coupling huge riffs and killer grooves with soaring, soulful vocals to deliver timeless tales of heartbreak and redemption, the group is set to show off its distinctive sound to the legions of hard rock faithful around the globe via a new album, 'Hard Times’, which had its worldwide release via Frontiers in May 2018.
The album quickly gained great reviews from across the globe:
- "Doomsday Outlaw have it all - great riffs, solid rhythms and a singer who should be spoken about in the same company as Rodgers, Coverdale, Hughes, Overland etc. Buy this album; it's the only thing you'll ever need. Just a shame I can't give it eleven. 10 out of 10." - POWERPLAY MAGAZINE
- "The band have once again delivered an absolute corker. Doomsday Outlaw are doing everything right." - FIREWORKS MAGAZINE
- "Doomsday Outlaw are destined to be a big name on the British rock circuit and 'Hard Times' shows a band that is going places and fast" - ROCK SOCIETY
- "Their bluesy, groove laden rock is delivered with confidence and swagger. Doomsday Outlaw have shown that they are no longer just a band with promise but are delivering on that potential right now." - METAL TALK
Doomsday Outlaw vocalist Phil Poole says : "We’re so excited to be sharing our new album with the world. We’ve given everything to create something we are really proud of and having the opportunity to share it is really what's it's all about. Whether you buy the record, just listen to it, or come and see us live, getting feedback from fans is amazing and is a feeling that never gets old. This is a big year for us and we can't wait to get cracking. Look out for some big announcements coming your way and we'll see you on the road! "
Poole joined the already well-oiled quartet of Steve Broughton and Gavin Mills (guitars), John ‘Ironfoot' Willis (drums) and Indy (bass) in June 2015, after which the band really gelled as a cohesive unit. Wasting no time in crafting a killer new set, they subsequently hit the road and have shared stages with the likes of Stone Broken, Warrior Soul, Vintage Caravan and Electric Boys.
Self-released in May 2016, the band's debut album, 'Suffer More’, received glowing notices from UK magazines such as:
- Powerplay ("I doubt you will hear a better album this year. 10 out of 10”)
- Fireworks ("Now THIS is a find!"), and
- 'Album of the Week’ accolade from website Worship Metal ("Doomsday Outlaw could release an album every 6 weeks and it’d be better than 99% of the bands out there").
Mounting critical acclaim plus a burgeoning reputation as a killer live act brought the band to the attention of Frontiers Music srl, a company that is already home to rising UK stars such as Inglorious, Wayward Sons and Bigfoot, in addition to hard rock legends like Whitesnake and Uriah Heep. Realising their amazing potential, label president Serafino Perugino wasted no time in signing the band.
With the successful release of Hard Times, the band hit the road in 2018 for tours with Jizzy Pearl and Graham Bonnet, and are rounding the year off with Toby Jepson's Wayward Sons. The summer saw 'Bring It On Home' playlisted by Planet Rock throughout July and August, as well as a major step up in festival profile with a SOPHIE Stage appearance at Bloodstock,
With dates already being announced for 2019, including HRH Sleaze III with Vain, Dogs D'Amour and Enuff Z'nuff - and the worldwide release of Suffer More in November 2018 - there's never been a better time to get on board with Doomsday Outlaw!